This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
im an australian greek that is in love with a Peru woman is it safe to travel there to meet her ?
11-09-2012, 08:42 PM
im an australian greek that is in love with a Peru woman is it safe to travel there to meet her ?
been talking to her for at least 5 months we started chatting on oasis active we moved it to facebook phone cam sms i feel a connection but people are telling me not to trust Peruvian girls ? whats wrong with them ? am i going to get killed ?? cause she tells me she loves me and wont let no one hurt me !! im confused need help !!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM

she could be a scammer

Ads

Well, I'm from Peru and I don't understand why people would say not to trust Peruvian girls. Maybe they assume this girl is using you to better her lifestyle.
Seriously though, you have to be cautious when talking to anyone on the internet. Trust your instincts and do what you think is best.
As for traveling there....I don't know. I was just born there and moved to Canada when I was one so I really know nothing about the safety and whatnot. But I'm sure it's just like any other country. It has its good places and not so good places. If you're really concerned then maybe it would be best for her to travel to Australia first.

There is nothing wrong with Peruvian women. They are the same as all women worldwide. There are some that are sincere, honest, and loving. And there are some that think most foreigners are filthy rich and are out to get every dime they can. The only way you are are going to find out which she is, is to visit. Unless you are going to be carrying thousands of whatever the Australian currency is, the odds of you getting killed, at least by her, are pretty damned slim. If she is a gold digger/scam artist, why should she wipe out the goose that's laying the golden eggs.

Safe in terms of what? You are not likely to get killed. Probably less than 1 in 1 million of that happening. Killing is not common there for the foreigner. Smash and grab theft is common especially if you flash your valuables. Because it is a poorer country relative to Australia and Greece, many of the women are looking for a better life. An easy way out is to marry a foreigner. The average wages are about $300 PER month. Many of the girls are insincere and selfish, showing up over 30 minutes late, trying to extract as much cash from you as possible, or having you buy them and their friends food, etc. If she wants you to pay for her friends, it is a sign she is using you. If she asks you to buy her something, a tv, clothes, etc, she is using you.

Trust your gut instinct and common sense.

Dating Peruvian women is not unsafe. Meeting your girlfriend over the internet is.

There are good and really good people in every country. Obviously, that's true for Peru also. So one could give a chance.

On the other hand, I don't know how is Australia, but keep in mind there is not much loyalty in Peru. She will probably protect and treat you well when you arrive, however be aware of false friends, her family and a bad wife. Peruvians tend to remember long time something negative, I mean really long time. Cultural differences could make you say or do something they won't like, you have to be formal and cautious. You see many cases of Peruvians that marry with foreigners, only to get alimony for life or to get out of Peru. The ideal scenario for many local woman is to remain in Peru with their lovers and have you away working, if possibly taking care of the kids and, most importantly, sending $$$. Those persons will be seen as incredibly cool and smart by most. Unfortunately that's the idiosyncrasy, hence the high frequency of those situations.

Some bad signs are that she makes you spend like there is no tomorrow, that you see her lying or being too aggressive with you.

It's a gamble. You can find anything on the Internet. True Love, scammers, even murderers. How to tell depends on the level of Communication between you two (and of course, the level of truth).

There's an open case of a 21 year old peruvian girl (Claudia Jana Gomez) Her body was discovered last summer, stuffed in a suitcase that washed up on a Lima beach. William Trickett Smith II, 26, of Paxtang Pennsylvania, married Jana Gomez in March 2007, after meeting her on the Internet. Investigators in Peru have identified him as the only suspect in the killing. A key witness is another young peruvian girl, Monica Munoz Pereda (22) another internet "girlfriend" who didn't know of his marriage and was with him on the boat when he dropped the suitcase telling her it was a bunch of Business papers and it was an American tradition to drop them at sea when leaving behind a "Bad Business".

http://tigrepelvar6.wordpress.com/2008/1...condenado/

There are also nasty peruvian ladies who catch foreign targets on the Internet for money or a Green-card. In some cases even fake a pregnancy and ask for alimony. I know about this very nasty girl who had 2 or 3 children from different guys (peruvians and not from Internet), she only raised the one from a NARC who's doing time and sending money, the others were sent back to the in-laws "NO RETURN". In the mean time she's meeting foreigners on the Internet and had this wealthy Italian on the hook, he paid her Botox lips, bigger Boobs and great Toosh plus payed all her bills, mean while she met an American guy the same way and made all the wedding arrangements with the Italian's money! Wedding Dress, Reception at the Rosa Nautica Restaurant, etc, etc. But the American didn't fall for it and she got caught by the Italian, so now she's back to the Narc.

My advice to you, is to tell you how she got caught: The Italian guy simulated to be someone else, in the same internet environtment where he met her. She obviously took the bait and he finally knew her true self, a doble-crossing B****.

well the best way to figure this out is to go and visit her. what do you have to loose?
it´s not probably that you will be killed!
and if things doesn´t work out well, take the opportunity to visit this beautiful country!