This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How popular is friendster in the Philippines?
11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
How popular is friendster in the Philippines?
I notice most of us Filipinos use friendster than MySpace. Why?
I agree, friendster is more popular than MySpace for us Filipinos. For me, this is my way to get in touch with my family and friends being here in US. Through friendster also, I get to see what's going on with my friends by just looking at their profile.
MySpace for me is just too liberal, I used to have account with MySpace. I just think some people in MySpace are too trashy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:53 PM

friendster was introduced first to filipinos rather than myspace. it is very popular especially to most teens it is the most visited website.

but for some foreign countries, friendster has become obsolete for them and they prefer myspace.

Ads

Very popular. almost evryone has a friendster account. And because more Filipinos use friendster than myspace, it's only natural one would choose to open a friendster account

I guess Friendster got the better advertising.

Friendster is the most popular, everyone I know has an account.

I don't know what MySpace does. But if it doesn't allow making user web pages and testemonials, then that would be the problem.

I think it very popular since I have lady friend that lives in Cebu and she uses it all the time!

I prefer Friendster over MySpace. Most of my friends use Friendster. It has probably to do with the layout of friendster.
90% of my nephews and nieces uses Friendster.

It's really popular. Most people between the ages of 15-30 have one. And it's not unheard of to see kids as young as 10 or 12 or as old as their 40's and 50's with a friendster account. It's how they keep in touch with each other, with loved ones and friends that move away from town to find jobs, or for the young ones that leave for college. It functions much much like myspace and facebook.

Not only that, friendster is another way of communicating with friends and loved ones overseas. Relatives and friends that live abroad keep in touch with each other through friendster.

Why friendster? Filipinos just generally have a large base in it. The whole "posting pictures" deal was probably the main thing that caught us onto friendster. From there it developed. Myspace is gaining ground but friendster among the filipino community in the philippines and abroad still owns.

yeah, I noticed too that Friendster's more popular than Myspace here in the Phils. I've known only few friends who are using Myspace. I think because Friendster is easy to personalize rather than Myspace (though Myspace has more features).

Yup! Friendster is more popular than MySpace.

super! even the oldies here in the philippines are hooked on friendster! To prove it, there is an article today in Philippine Star (march 25) about filipino's addiction to friendster.