This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a file from movie maker to facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
How to get a file from movie maker to facebook?
So I made an awsome video on windows movie maker and I want to put it on facebook. But whenever I try, facebook tells me it's not the right format and only supports certain formats. What is a format and how can I get my video on facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM

The exact instructions vary depending on the version of WMM you're using, but you'll need to "Save Movie File" (from File menu) to a video format, rather than a project file that Movie Maker uses. Facebook should be able to support .avi format, which is the default type the WMM uses, but the file size may be too big for Facebook's servers.

Ads

If you have Windows Live Movie Maker, then it should have a section where you can upload the video directly to facebook. If you are using Movie Maker from Windows XP or Vista, then you need to upgrade it at http://download.live.com to get the newest version.

Once the new version is installed, open it, and then open the video you made in the old program and then try to upload it to Facebook.

avi could be accepted by facebook.

Windows Movie Maker supports only certain type of file types... make sure your clip is of any of the below listed file types...

Supported formats for saving movies
• Windows Media video files: .wmv
• Windows Media audio files: .wma

I used Movie Maker before but I am now using Photo MovieTheater . you don't need change any format using Photo movie theater. It is a simple video maker tool which supports any video formats input and output (mpeg4 , 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPEG, FLV, MKV etc). And you can put your photo slideshow on portable devices like iPod, iPhone, PSP, Mobile phone and more.

http://www.etinysoft.com/slideshow-photo...eater.html

Aunsoft Video Converter helps you convert between various formats. It is the must-have conversion tool for video lovers, and enables you to enjoy movies on computer, to further edit video for creation, to present video on HDTV, and to publish video online in web-friendly format. You can control your video and music on popular portable devices including iPad, Nexus One, HTC Hero, Zune, iPod, PSP, Apple TV, iPhone anytime anywhere.

With this powerful converter, you can also convert videos for video editing software like Adobe Premiere, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, and upload video to YouTube and MySpace to share videos.

http://www.aunsoft.com/video-converter/