This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you ever visit a foreign country to meet up with a person you met over internet?
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Would you ever visit a foreign country to meet up with a person you met over internet?
My brother met a really nice girl over Facebook. They exchanged pics and been talking for over a year. Now to wants to visit US to see her. They did background checks on each other and everything. Is it a good idea? Would you do it? what if they end up liking each other but live in different countries?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM

HELL TO THE NO! what if its some perv

Ads

I did just that.. and married him. We're divorced now but hey it was an adventure.

I'd say, as long as it's in a public place, it's fine.

Yes I have alot of success stories with that, that's how people meet all the time, if they meet and really like each other it will work out.

That's quite far. Have they spoke on the phone? I would rather meet someone a little closer. There's no way it will work other wise. I don't think it's a good idea. Shame though.

I did it and I'm glad I did because it was great while it lasted. Unfortunately, the 3,000 mile distance and financial complications involved with seeing each other led to heartbreak.

Still, if they feel safe with one another, I say do it. It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

No. Too risky, there are scams like these everywhere. Also, distance is a huge factor to consider. Love could be right around the corner. I would not do this.

look mary ... to be frank FACEBOOK is the biggest troublesome site going ...i wouldnt trust my dog DUKE with an account cause he is bound to get some lunatic thats wants to date him !!! people LIE on that social networking site all the time its responsible for more divorces than DON JUAN !!! its good for a laugh and stuff but if i was your brother id get out more and meet someone NOT off facebook .... as how does he know she is isnt talking to loads of other lads just as she is him ...