This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stay occupied during the day?
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
How to stay occupied during the day?
I'm 11 and I am never tired at night because I'm never occupied during the day and my sister is in college and my older bro is living with my grandpa and my grandma. I never know what to do during the day on weekends or weekdays. Tv doesn't help that much and I like to play yoville on Facebook but it's kinda addicting. Any advice? Best answer gets 10 points.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM

open a youtube account! post a video dailyTongue

Ads

I would reccomend finding a new hobby. Do something new that you've never done before, and if i you like it- great! If you dont then try something else. If you need money to do what you like, then do some fundraising. idk. be creative. Stop thinking of the usual things that always bore you.

It depends on where you live and what there is to do! If you're in a sunny area, lots of outdoor activity! If you're in a cold and rainy area, more indoor activities or going to the mall, etc is what you want. It just depends on a lot of things

Well I think you could try reading books such as Goosebumps or Nancy Drew or American Girls (if your a girl). Drawing and painting can also seem like a lot of fun too. You can try picking a subject that you admire most and researching online to learn more about it and find out some interesting things if you pleased.Just be positive and I'm sure you'll find something to do to stay occupied and for me that is reading and it helps with the time and my day just flies by but I enjoy every minute of it.

You should just try to hang out with your friends as much as possible, and when your not try to draw, read, do whatever it takes to have fun and keep your mind occupied so you can sleep easier p.s. if you like yoville then theres an other game like it on facebook called miniplanet

best way to get tired for night time is to tire yourself out during the day. physical activity is best, try getting outside, running, walking, cycling, swimming, playing sports or really doing anything where you're moving around Smile even things like gardening or volunteering to walk dogs for the local pet shelter could work. spend time with your friends too!

other than that, you could try taking up a hobby. At your age i was very sport orientated but i also liked to scrapbook, read, draw, making things out of lego (if you have any, like a hand me down from your brother or something) paint, or even cook. I used to make things that didn't involve heat, like slices and stuff. try not to spend all your time on the computer or in front of the tv, its not healthy.

Learn some valuable skill that will be marketable to employers in the future. Don't just read or watch TV or draw, you should learn some skill that you will be able to get a job with.

Read a book. Adventure books are nice. Get a dog and take him for walks if you need an activity. Start a garden. I know it's winter now, but it's a great time to plant bulbs. Take up birdwatching. Get a tree ID book and see what's growing in your area. Start doing crafts. If you can work a vidoe game, you can run a sewing machine.

Well, I would have thought school, homework etc would keep you busy at least some of the time.

But it would be nice if you had some interests other than playing games on the computer. What about reading? Or taking up some kind of hobby like painting, pottery, sewing, knitting etc? What about sports? Swimming, cycling, tennis?

What about helping out around the house a bit? Even if she never asks you, your mother could probably do with a bit of help with the housework. And maybe you could ask her to show you how to cook? You could learn to make some things to eat, that is a fun thing to do and will be useful to you in later life, when you have to look after yourself.