This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My relative always brags on Facebook about being thin and it's driving me nuts?
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
My relative always brags on Facebook about being thin and it's driving me nuts?
She used to not be so conceited about herself. I'm glad she's happy about her weight loss, but she never needed to lose weight in the first place (about 5'4" and 125 pounds before she started losing weight). (I'm not overweight myself). Should I just post a quote on there about the pitfalls of being conceited?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Since you are not overweight yourself you wouldn't know what a giant achievement it is to loose weight. She wants to brag? Let her brag. It's a very hard thing to do, you know. Congradulate her and let her have her little moment of fame. She's changed her lifestyle and achieved something big. Be happy for her and let her be happy about herself, she keeps going on about it, just ignore it, you don't have to butt in =]

Ads

You should learn how to ignor people like that. Is she trying to tell you to loos weight? Cause if she is tell her that your perfectly fine with your weight and that you are still health. Did you know that thin is sometimes not healthy?

she is not being concieted she is just so happy with what she has achieved...it is a lot of hard work to lose weight and she feels proud and feels good about herself...would you rather she moaned about being fat all the time? sounds like you are just jealous Sad sorry Sad

I'm not sure you want to address the issue of conceit. I'd be more concerned that she was 5'4" and 125 lbs and felt the need to lose weight and is so overly concerned about it. It sounds like she has a body image problem which could lead to eating disorders if she gains even 2 lbs back.

If you do talk to her about it, either private message her on FB or call her or something but don't post on her wall on FB trying to shame her.

i am 5'7 and 130 and look all right. but to look gorgeous i need to lose weight. so being 5'4 she desperately needed to lose weight. and now maybe she looks gorgeous. and as trying to lose weight i must tell u it is close to impossible - i exercise and exercise and not eat after 6 pm - nothing. still 130. so she must be very proud of herself for accomplishing such a great job and u re just jealous cos she obviously looks drop dead gorgeous

At that height and weight, she'd be about right - but she's LOST since then? Sounds like someone has some body image problems that posts on Facebook aren't going to resolve. I'd not say anything, nothing you can say will change her and would just come across as jealousy on your part.

Or you could actually do something meaningful and talk to her face-to-face about her body image issues, instead of just dropping hints she probably won't get.
Blast: You are 5'7" and 130 pounds and need to lose weight to be gorgeous? No, if you lost weight you'd look like a skeleton. You need to get help for your body image problems too.

Ha. I probably would. I've done some passive agressive stuff like that myself on FB. My husband's ex is my friend on there and she never posts an update unless she is bragging about something wonderful she did or she's fishing for compliments. I hate that! I hate people who brag more than anything. Posting one time about a weight loss is acceptable, but any more than that is not.

Just hide her posts.