This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get an image to go across the top of a webpage?
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
How do I get an image to go across the top of a webpage?
I'm currently re-working a webpage (using just CSS and HTML.) There's an image that is supposed to go across the top of the page. The problem is, the image has a specified size, so I can get it to fit when I'm viewing it on, say, my monitor, but on a different monitor or different browser it stops short and there's just this blank space to the right of the image. How can I tell it to size itself to fit the length of the page?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM

You can try to change the specified size on the css!

for example;
#image { background-image: url(../images/images.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; position: relative; width: 50px; height: 50px; left: 688px; top: 83px; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; }
//change the width, height, left (might be right), and top to your needs//

For ie6, ie7, and ie8, you need to add the codes below, and change them according to your needs!

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<style type="text/css">
.clearfix {height: 1%;}
img, div, input, h3 {
image-position: -1000px; //(don't change this)//
behavior: url(../scripts/iepngfix.htc");
//(create a iepngfix.htc to view png files, otherwise pngs and gifs (especially transparent ones) wouldn't work on ie6).//
}

h1.image a, #image{
background-position: -1000px;
}

h1.image a {
cursor: pointer;
}
</style>
<![endif]-->

<!--[if (IE 7.0)]>
<style type="text/css">
#image {XXpx} //check the image on your browser, and specify the XX part - this will move the image let's say 2px to the right on ie7 make the picture where you want it to be//
.clearfix {display: inline-block;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

<!--[if (IE 8.0)]>
<style type="text/css">
#image {XXpx} //again check the image on your browser, and specify the XX part//
.clearfix {display: inline-block;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

ie6 might be confusing, so i recommend you not to use ie6 codes...facebook, youtube, and many others don't work with ie6 anymore. So just use the codes for ie7 and ie8 above.
//hope this helps//

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply