This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do if my jealousy is causing a problem in my relationship?
11-09-2012, 08:54 PM
What to do if my jealousy is causing a problem in my relationship?
I recently got very jealous of my fiance's ex-boyfriend. she was looking at his facebook page. She got very mad because the reason i knew she was looking at his page was because i checked her phone. What can i do to make things right and earn her trust back. She tells me now that it is ok but i feel completely terrible about what i did.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:03 PM

As they say, a lil bit of everything is bad... what about jealousy?

you have the right to get mad of course because you caught her checking his ex's profile, but you shouldn't checked her mobile - that''s where you have gone wrong..

in every relationship, it's always getting ruined by jealousy. you should know how to work it out. jealousy can push away the people you love from you. don't hold her in the neck just because you feel jealous. you should work hard to accept that she loves you and no one else

Ads

Remember there are some girls that are very curious, maybe she was just curious to see his page, be mad if u see them together. You said it yourself, she's your fiance that means she wants you because she accepted to b you wife.

About all you can do is be honest with her. Let her know you are sorry for what you did, she can trust you NOT to do it again. Tell her your actions ARE going to speak louder than words & you WILL keep your promise to her. BUT, do NOT do it again! Also, keep in mind he IS her ex for a reason, she chose YOU instead. That alone should at least be of some help to your jealousy problem(s). Your actions WILL show her you did mean all you said. That's about all you can do...trust all works out for the best for you...Smile

Ha, I have done that before. Though my gf didn't get mad.
What I would do is sit down and tell her that your sorry, and that you where just worried because you want to make sure that she wants to be with you. If she doesn't accept that answer, then honestly, she probably doesn't want to be with you. But trust me it is hard to not be jealous, but if she wants to be with you, she will calm your worries, trust me, I went through a long time of it with my girlfriend (soon to be fiance'.

The basic thing is that there are low self esteem issues. Why not realize that if you marry, and even ifr your fiance leave, there will be a sea of available women for the pickings. I;ve been there after 19 miserable years of marriage to an abusive wife.

It is time for you to grow up and become an adult. Now, Are you ready? If so, then go tell her that you are sorry and you will not act childish again.

You had a valid question and if she had a valid reason she would have told you and not gotdefensive...right? Id be upset if my guy was checking out what the ex was up to...why should he care? Id say he hasnt healed and moved forward