This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop being insecure like this?
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
How to stop being insecure like this?
Everytime I'm together with my boyfriend and he gets a text message I feel compelled to know who it is and what they want. I don't know why. He's very trustworthy and has never done anything wrong to me, but for some reason everytime he gets a text I want him to read it right away, I have to ask who it is and what they said. It drives me crazy. I'm also this way about facebook notifications and stuff. How can I stop this obsessive compulsive behavior?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:03 PM

i would say just trust him. Boys don't like it when a girl doesnt trust them and wants to know what they are doing every minute of every day.

Ads

you sound like me haha well we cant help it we're the jealous type..just realize that even if some girl was texting him you're the one that gets to kiss and do whatever with your boyfriend and no one else can have him but you Smile

the only way to end the behavior is to try to identify the underlying reason. there is a reason that you feel this way, there could be many so I will leave it up to you to figure out. But you get to figure it out, or the behavior will just continue and probably get worse as your relationships get more serious

develop other interests other than social stalking that occupy your mind. if there is no mental competition you will never get over it and will forever be obsessed

This is part of your instinct to CONTROL him.
Remember, you are not his MOTHER.
You are his complement.
So act like it.
Does he want to look in your purse and know everything you keep there?
It's a similar comparison.
How would you like to be searched every time you meet with him?
This is also what you are doing.
Just remember one thing: When that text comes in, it is just some electronic stuff.
It is YOU who is WITH him!!!
Do you see the point?
So next time the text arrives, distract him from reading it by kissing him, or some other interestingly powerful control.

Realize that your boyfriend is with YOU not another female. If you keep acting the way you do he won't be yours any longer. Good Luck

Hun, you need to feel good about yourself before you can trust someone else, I mean if you feel you need to change something about yourself to gain confidence do it. Because that is very unhealthy for your relationship because trust is everything. And right now for some reason whether it'd be your size or your look or even if you feel like you good enough whatever it is, is getting in the way of the trust you should have towards your boyfriend at least until he gives you a reason to not trust him you should worry. But take some time to just evaluate yourself and find out what your insecurity is coming from and change it.

Wow, that sounds like me! lol. I think you just have to reassure yourself that you are the one hanging out with him, so no matter who it is you still are fortunate to be with him at that time. think of every time you get a text or notification and would you want him to ask all the time? try to see it through his eyes and that might help.

Stop being so crazy and relax.
No one will want to be with you if you smother them.