This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your opinion on teenage mothers?
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
What is your opinion on teenage mothers?
Do you think they are advantaged or disadvantaged in our society?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:04 PM

well...it just shows they are careless...but i dont have anything against them

Ads

I know that the babies and the mothers would have better lives had the mother waited. I think it's a very sad thing that we are seeing such a surge in teen pregnancy. It doesn't make sense either, as we evolve we should be getting smarter.

JUST CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTT!

I'n 18 y/o female.
I have a mix opinions about it. First off, I don't feel bad for them, especially when they find out they're pregnant and start freaking out. You know that having sex can lead to getting pregnant. Unless you get raped, I don't feel bad for them. Also, I don't believe teen moms should get help from the government just because they got pregnant. Of course, this is coming from a person who thinks welfare is wrong and needs to end. I think it's wrong that I have to give up around $10 from my paycheck just to go to welfare and goes to people who don't work because they don't want to.
I hate girls who think it's so easy to be a teen mom. Does taking care of a baby, going to school, working part time, getting 2 hrs a sleep at night, fighting with the baby daddy, buying things for only the baby, and trying to find time to go to college sound "easy"? It's not. And that's why I'm not a mom. I like the type of moms like Leah from Teen Mom 2 because she obviously loves her girls. She's not like Jenelle who parties, cares more about her bf than her son, and is irresponsible (especially when she can't even babysit her baby because she overslept). Do your damn job and be a parent to your child!!
I do not see them as a advantage in our society.

as long as they first their child's best interest first, provide for them and take good care of them I don't see a problem.
It's not easy going to school, working part time and caring for a baby properly but it sure as hell is possible.
and there are pros and cons to everything in our society, just like this. I think that their are a lot of resources out there but a lot of young moms don't know about them.
Not being done high school, not affording a car is definitely a disadvantage but in the end it's all worth putting up with the hard things.

@julie; why do you think all teen moms want anyone to feel bad for them? I have great life, it's busy but it's amazing. I wake up to my one year old smiling at me, we have breakfast then go to daycare/school, after that I we home and play, wait for my boyfriend to come home from college for supper.. I'm happy. I've never been as happy as I am now being a mother. I don't want anyone to feel bad for me or pity me because I have a great life and after I'm done high school (which will be soon) I'm going to university to become a dietitian/nutritionist. The government pays for my daycare, that's all the help I get from them.

children bringing up children, stop all benefits and it,ll soon stop. you have the kids, you pay for them, then that's fine. other people shouldn't be paying for anyone,s kids.

I think they're careless and irresponsible for the most part, and should wait to have kids until they have steady jobs that pay well, so they can afford to pay their bills and are living on their own. Most teens are still living at home with their families and can't afford to move out.

well to be honest at least they have got it in them 2 go though with it if you know u will be a good mom why not be a teen mom, i think if your old enuff 2 have sex ur old enuff 2 take the concuqences

Why do people bully teen mums ? At least they went through witht the pregnancy !
So many teens use abortion as a contraception it's disgusting.

How about everyone cut the teens some slack and give them a pat on the back for actually going through witht he pregnancy and giving the child a chance !

And how about being respectful to them and call them young mothers rather than teenage mothers ?
As when your a mum your teenage days are well over ! There not teenagers any more ! You have some crap young mums out there but you have some great ones..Just like you do with the older mothers.