This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the pros and cons of using Facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
What are the pros and cons of using Facebook?
I was just wondering, cuz I have Facebook and think it's a complete waste of time... :/

Poll: Do you have Facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Yes I have fb

Pros: Keep in touch with people
Cons: Farmville

Ads

too many cons

Yes I have Facebook

pros: connecting with my family and friends
cons: addicting !

Pros:

Catching up with people. Like family or old friends.

Cons:

Pyscho stalkers.
Rumors..it's like horrible what some people write on their walls!

Pros: You can talk over Facebook with your friends and others. You can also tell everyone where your going so anyone could possibly stalk you (:

Cons: You can get addicted. Easily.
Idk why though.

Poll: Yes but i seriously just get on for like 5 minutes a day to see if everyone is okay and stuff (:

Pros:
You can keep in touch with people you don't live near anymore.

Cons:
Viruses. You have to be really careful with apps. A lot of them redirect you to those sites that tell you you have viruses, but really just install one into your computer.

I have a Facebook, but I don't use it. I've gotten several viruses from it. One was telling me my "Qiucktime" (lol they spelled it wrong) was outdated, and tried to install a virus claiming to be an update. Others were rogue anti-virus programs.

Why are you asking this question Wanda!? O.o you only realized NOW that it's a complete waste of time!? XD, why do you think I barely ever go on facebook? Look on my page, I only go on about every week or so. XD.
Pros: People. Lots of silly people.
Cons: The games there are pretty boring. Nothing like the real action packed games.
Sometimes people like to stalk out your cellphone number, but I guess in an emergency it's good to have it there.

Pros - Keeping in touch with family & friends that you don't get to see/talk to often.

Cons - Everything Else. Such as:

Friend requests from parents/elders that you don't particularly want in your personal business

People from your past that you really don't care to talk to or who you were never really friends with but they decided to "friend" you just because they found out you're on facebook

Useless apps like Mafia Wars that keep you addicted thus becoming a fat & lazy couch potato and losing your skills on how to interact with people outside of the internet

I have a facebook but I don't stay on it much (twice a week at the most) because for me the cons outweigh the pros. I'm much happier trimming down facebook time in exchange for being more productive in the real world.