This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is a reasonable bedtime for a 17 year old?
11-09-2012, 09:02 PM
What is a reasonable bedtime for a 17 year old?
my sister never sleeps, she just sits on msn and facebook all night, and i thought she was gonna collapse today, because she always has busy days but never sleeps till like 2 or 3am in the morning even on her collage days and she gets very little sleep.
But she keeps disagreeing on a time she should be off msn/facebook and be in bed by.
She is going to make herself ill if she doesn't start sleeping soon.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:10 PM

11 .

Ads

11 or 12

11 or 11:30

first off all. i dont think you should be poking into your sisters life. its her life and she can do what ever she wishes to do. Anyways, i think she should be gettin maybe 7 to 8 hrs of sleep. teenagers need more sleep than anybody else, so... 7 to 8 is resanble.

On a school night, it should be 11 that she should be in bed with the lights out and it shouldn't matter if she's tired or not because she really needs to rest for school so she can work well.

On the weekends though, and days she has off from school, it should be whenever she likes as long as she has nothing to do really early the next morning.

I'd say 11pm is a good time to be off the computer,
be in bed by 1130pm..

no bed time

have her off the computer by 10 and asleep by 11. make her get off at that time, she might not like it but she'll love the extra sleep that she'll get.

no bed time - she should take responsibility for herself.

dw im 17 and i do exactly the same and every so often i decide that i should get an early night - she'll soon come round to her senses and do the same - nothing you can say or do will make her go to bed earlier she will probably just resent you for it.

if not then she will learn that she cant go on like this and decide to go to bed earlier as a rule.