This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I become sad when i am on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Why do I become sad when i am on facebook?
When i see all of these people on facebook smiling at parties and having fun, i become sad because i do not attend parties or have any friends that do. I only have a few close friends and I just feel so sad/depressed watching all these kids have fun. I feel like i am missing out on my younger years right before my eyes. how to overcome this facebook social depression/isolation? thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM

You don't have to go to parties to have fun.
You can just hangout with your friends, as long as you have a few go over their house, you'd be surprised how much fun you could actually have.
Believe it or not, the easiest way to solve the facebook problem is to delete your facebook.
If you eliminate the thing that's making you sad, you won't think about it.
& Don't worry it's just a PHASE in your life, you'll grow up, become older & find your right place Smile

Ads

Actually the social networks like facebook, twitter etc., are meant for such people. You have to overcome from such mentality/attitude by observing several activities on social networks. Of course it will take some time. Make more good friends. Come out of depression/isolation.

Hah, I felt this way too.
I think you just feel like you are inferior to them, but they just aren't any better than you, so don't feel inferior.
Instead take things like this with a grain of salt, at the end, parties and fulfillment aren't intrinsically linked. You can be fulfilled and happy doing things you like, if you feel like parties are essential to this than go make yourself some opportunities to go party.

Don't give it a second thought and don't pay attention to Facebook. Not to answer your question with another question, but would you rather have a few close friends or several acquaintances? Be greatful for the friends you do have. I gurantee you that those people you see on Facebook would "kill" to have a friendship like the one you have with your friends.