This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i tell my family im dating my ex?
11-09-2012, 09:04 PM
How do i tell my family im dating my ex?
So me and my ex boyfriend got back together after i broke up with my current one.I really like him and i want to tell my mom so she doesn't freak if i post it on Facebook.The thing is she thinks he is gay and she doesn't like him.How am i supposed to tell her?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Just let them know. It is better to be open with them, then for them to find out some other way.

Ads

Just say it flat out. Some people find it annoying when others 'beat around the bush.'

Just come out n tell her

You tellem your dating your ex...

"Mom, I'm dating that gay boy that you don't like."

As long as he was never abusive or rude to you or your family then i see no reason for your mom to object. My kids had to learn on their own -- i didn't interfere when it came to their relationships. And now that they are adults, i stay out of their personal lives.

some parents can't help sticking their noses in. but they should if there is an element of danger involved, of course.

Just tell her. You're a kid so this is expected. Remember she was young once too. And it is rude for her to say your ex is gay. You'd think people her age would know better.

Best thing I can say is to just sit her down and have a heart to heart. Ask her not to get upset, and you have something you feel you need to be honest about and tell her.
Considering you broke up with your last boyfriend and went back to your ex can say something about your ex. Explain that to her. You're back with him for a reason. Tell her how happy he makes you. If you feel that being with your last boyfriend made you realize how much you cared about your ex, tell her that, too.

Parents tend to get upset sometimes when they don't want to hear something, but in the end, they do appreciate honesty.
Just be open about how you feel.

I think you just need to tell her, and the sooner the better. The longer you wait, I think she will be more upset/disappointed that she didn't know and that you didn't tell her. It's too bad that she doesn't like him, but if he really is a good guy (you can be the judge of that), she will hopefully come around and see that YOU are happy. YOU are the most important person to think about when it comes to decisions like this; as long as he isn't disrespecting/mistreating you, your mom doesn't have to like him because she isn't dating him. I think you just need to tell her, and hopefully she will realize that you are happy with this guy.