This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How important is "relationship status" on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:04 PM
How important is "relationship status" on Facebook?
In "The Social Network", there's a scene where "Mark Zuckerberg" talks about how the relationship status is an important piece of a Facebook profile because people want to know who's dating who. Ever since I broke up with my last boyfriend, I've left that part of my profile blank. But some of my friends say that guys might think we're still together because we have a lot of pictures together.

How important is "relationship status" to you? Should I make mine say "single" instead of leaving it blank?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM

To many people its important, unless their keeping it a secret. If you're not keeping a secret than you may as well put "Single" Smile

Ads

Facebook facebook facebook. Don't you guys know zuckerburgs a billionaire for targeting people who only worry about these things.

Well, if you were to change to "In a relationship", it would be like a declaration, ya know, making it official. I spose that you and the partner would have to change it at the same time or else it would be a bit weird... Undecided

Mark Zuckerberg says it's important because it's just a tool that a lot of people in general like to use. In some cases it's helpful because if you want to know who's going out with who, it's a bit awkward sometimes to directly ask them. That's the kind of information they gather from polls or surveys that they might have sent to users in the past.

What does it mean to you individually? That's more important to you. You certainly don't have to use it, and nobody should care about whether you use it or not. It's all a matter of personal preference.

facebook is not important, its only for people that are to scared to ask if you have a bf/gf

Well. If your single. Put single. If your in a relationship, then put that. If you think that everyone is so shallow to put their relationship status for all 736323738 of their friends to see, then leave it blank. I mean do you go holding around a sign that says "single " above your head everywhere you go? No.
I mean if it's really important to you, then to it. But honestly, most people just announce their single every week or so so people will like it and guys will flirt with them shamelessly. And someone like me will just think they're an attention seeking wh0re.

But if its not like that with your group of friends ... do whatever you want. Ahaha (:

~~This is entirely up to you. The most important thing in life is to understand these type of things should be your decision and not what anyone else thinks about it. If you are looking for a relationship through FB then you would want to put single, if finding a relationship through FB is not important, then leave it be. I know many people who choose both. Just decide which is more important to you.~~