This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does #winning mean?
11-09-2012, 09:09 PM
What does #winning mean?
Ok so, on facebook and stuff people post this for example:
"Just listening to justin bieber music! #winning"
WHAT DOES THE # SIGN MEAN?!?!?!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:17 PM

It's a twitter thing. They probably have the two linked

Ads

people do that when you click on it it takes you to every post that it has winning in

They say winning because Charlie Sheen said winning in an interview. He says winning because he's in a battle with the network and the producers of Two and a Half Men who put the show on hiatus because of his erratic behaviour. He wants the show back on the air with him in it. And also he is in a dispute with his ex over custody of their infant twin sons. In his mind, he will "win" both these battles and come out victorious. Celebrities other than Justin Bieber say winning cause just like how Charlie Sheen says winning it means they are going to win this or that. Its kinda like saying "I am going to win this fight" or "I am going to win this race" but they just say winning as a short meaning for the examples I put above. The # before the words is a hashtags they are usually on Twitter. Hash tags are important because they make your posts more relevant and easy to find on Twitter. Grouping your tweets into like categories and lists makes your content that much more search engine friendly and therefore that much more useful for you and your followers. A lot of them do it for the fun of it but most of them put a # in front of what they are trying to say so that it could trend and become a topic on Twitter and the whole world could see that hashtag if they just look on their timeline (home page) on Twitter.