This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you do if your parent makes a facebook and friend requests you?
11-09-2012, 09:10 PM
What do you do if your parent makes a facebook and friend requests you?
I'm 19 and at college, and my stepmom just made a facebook and sent me a friend request. They know I drink occasionally (obviously, since I'm in college) but still, I don't want them to see pictures of me drinking and such. I think it's weird for adults to have facebooks anyways. Should I deny her friend request? What's the best way to approach this situation?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:18 PM

add her.. ur 19 ur already a grown up u do whatever u like she can say anything cuz she wont stop u from doing whatever u like...

Ads

Don't accept it. If she asks why just explain that you want to keep college life and home life separate. I have facebook and when people from work send friend requests, I just tell them I don't use it very often so that's why I didn't add them.

You see, this is why Facebook is doomed to failure.

I give it another five years. I already know somebody whose grandmother is on Facebook.

So, to answer your question, I don't know. Sorry. But good luck...

ahhhaaa! that's very funny. just say sorry mom, youre not cool enough to join my facebook account. youre mom's weird.

Accept her friend request, it would be rude and suspicious not to, but then change your privacy settings so that she can only see parts of your profile. You can fix it to where not everyone can see your pictures or status updates.

Well yo should accept it because you know better than not drink so just replace ur pics

PS: You won't know if she stays on facebook all the time

that's lame. Deny her. That's a little weird.....

EMBARRASSING! well if it was me say to your step-mum that you don't want to be her friend because its private and that you want to keep home and collage life separate.

I had the same problem with my mom and all my relatives! They all have facebook now, and I feel like I can't post anything. You can either risk hurting her feelings by denying her request, or come to terms with the fact that she is going to see the pictures. Most likely your stepmom will not be trying to find something bad on your profile anyway. You are an adult, and away at college, so I think she probably has the expectation that you are out having fun!