This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is my exboyfriend just playing games with me?
11-09-2012, 09:18 PM
is my exboyfriend just playing games with me?
you want a relationship, just not the added arguments that come with it.

you promise t your exgirlfriend you want to marry her and that no one else is meeting your mother , etc. it's just that right now with your debt, low paying job, and still staying at home cannot deal with the extra stress from you and her arguing all the time. you also promise its not another female, you only hang with your guy friends.

what is my exboyfriend really saying to me?? should i worry about if he's with another girl, or is he being honest with me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:26 PM

He is just trying to keep you around in case nothing better comes along. Unfortunately I've fallen for the same crap before, but I've also given the whole it's not you it's me speech. It's nice to have the attention, but he is just stringing you along. If he's not then he could at least still be your boyfriend and not hubby...

Ads

Give him 6 months; if in that time he has not cleared his debt, left momma's house and secured a better paying job, you will know what you can expect in your future if you stay with him.

It would be an easy decision for me at that point.

If your boyfriend has given you no reason to question if he's cheating on you (strange cell phone calls or messages from girls you don't know on his facebook/myspace pages or really lame excuses for cancelling dates with you), then you should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Depending on how long you two have been dating it could be a problem that you have not met his parents (has he met yours?).

If you or your partner are in debt and struggling to live independently then it probably isn't the best time to get married, even if you are in love. You should really be able to manage your bills without help from your family before you take on the responsibility of another person.

While I'm not saying he's telling the truth (I don't know him), ask yourself a few questiosn, too.

-Have you had previous relationships that ended in cheating or lying that makes you automatically question him? He shouldn't have to be punished for the people who hurt you in the past if he is not engaging in the same behavior.

-Are you wanting something from the relationship that just isn't there? If someone isn't ready to commit or change their lives to blend with someone else, you can't force it to happen.

-Are you giving your relationship the opportunity to progress naturally or are you causing more tension by fighting?

Check out http://www.loveisrespect.org. It's a great relationship advice website.

If he isn't playing games then he sure has a ton of excuses. I think he is telling you that he can't commit. Now it's time to make a choice......do you wait around and see if he will ever move out of his mom's, clear up his debts, get a better paying job and then finally get serious, OR, do you get smart, give him an ultimatum, and get ready to move on if he doesn't or can't clear up his problems in 6 months. Only you know for sure about the job, debts, and all the other excuses, only you know if you love him and he is returning that love.