This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is so great about Twitter?
11-09-2012, 09:19 PM
What is so great about Twitter?
I don't really get the point of Twitter. Maybe I'm not understanding something. Why would random people follow you? Is it just like a text message sent out to all your followers? Please explain why so many people tweet. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:28 PM

GOOD QUESTION!!!! Beats the he outta me!!!!

Ads

Personally, I don't have a Twitter and don't plan on getting one. Sure, you can "talk" to celebrities that you like and stuff, but I heard it gets addicting.

as the old saying goes " it takes little to please a fool".

I don't know. I don't use it and I don't seem to have a desire to do so.

Twitter, in my opinion, can be valuable in a couple of ways:

1. Discovery. I don't follow celebrities but I do follow a number of my colleagues from around the world. Sometimes one of them will say something or point out an article or site that is interesting to me. Often it's something that I wouldn't have seen or heard if they hadn't tweeted about it.

2. Events. When I'm at an event or conference I try to follow the hashtag (#event) about the event. In that way I get to read the perspective and thoughts of other people at the event and that can enrich my own experience. It might be a comment about what a speaker said or a notice that something interesting is happening elsewhere at the conference that I'd like to go check out.

3. Marketing. Tweeting can help you build a following and establish you as an interesting or authoritative person on topics that you're passionate about. If that somehow relates to your job (or your desired job) being widely regarded as interesting or passionate about it can only help you go farther.