This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I stop notifications for my birthday going out?
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
How do I stop notifications for my birthday going out?
My birthday is at the end of the month and I don't want people on facebook sending me happy birthday messages this year. I just ... don't, for several reasons. Is there any way to turn this feature off? I know that I get notifications when my friends have their birthday. I removed some calendar apps but I don't think that turns it off.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM

The only way to prevent people from seeing your birthday is to use Facebook settings to restrict who can see your birthday. Unfortunately, whenever you form a new account, Facebook shares birthday information very widely (friends of friends) and it is up to you to restrict who can see that information.

In your Facebook account, click on your name (in the upper right hand corner) to view your profile.

Click on the "Update Info" button underneath your cover photo (if you are still using the "Wall" click on "Edit Profile").

Next, find the heading "Basic Info", and click the "Edit" button. (if you are still using the "Wall" just click on "Basic Information").

Underneath the "Birthday" heading, change the setting from "Show my full birthday on my timeline" to "Don't show my birthday on my timeline".

Click the blue "Save" button to save your changes.

There are a ton of ways to personalize which information you want to share on Facebook. To learn how to quickly and easily manage your Facebook account, you should check out Priveazy.com- a resource for online privacy and security.

https://www.priveazy.com/index.php/t/l/19

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply