This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can a teacher be sacked for abuse on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Can a teacher be sacked for abuse on facebook?
The teacher in question updated his status that was abusive and nasty about his daughter's mother. All because he tried to get out of paying child support and in the end he was forced to.
Surely he can't get away with this type of behaviour as a teacher? What if his pupils had seen it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:30 PM

Probably suspended without pay, but ultimately would probably keep his job with a caution.

Ads

hey! its the teacher's business! the pupils dont need to mess the teacher's private stuff on facebook!
i mean like... the stupid principal had no right to snoop around me and my friend's private posts!!!!!!

A teacher can be fired for public comments that are abusive and nasty. However, generally the comments have to be work-related. It sounds like these weren't.

I'm not sure, he can a life outside work.

Make copies of any comments etc that u feel are abusive and see what can be done but if these weren't work related abuse then they probably will just get a warning about what they put on as comments etc.