This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you guys think time travel is possible or will ever be possible?
11-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Do you guys think time travel is possible or will ever be possible?
Do you guys think it will ever happen. Dont you guys think that if time travel was ever possible people would have done things in the past to change negative things that happened like world hunger, world wars, relatives dying etc etc. If it will ever be possible doesnt it mean it has already happened. I hope you know what i mean.
Do you guys think there might be laws in the future that prevent people from going back in time and messing things up lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Well with worm holes it is possible

Ads

Didn't you ask this question tomorrow?

if you can think it up its possibly out there or going to be out there

yeah, i know what you mean so i don't think it's possible or at least mankind will be extinct before it ever happens because someone from the future would've already visited us!

It could become possible, but consider the paradoxes.Ex: If you went back to kill Hitler, what if an even worse dictator took over? If you go back and change things, how will the rest of the world change? Imagine everybody on Earth just going back in time trying to invent Facebook and iPods. The world would really screw itself up.

nope because we would have records of time travelers since the beginning of the written record since theoretically they are able to go to and from all points and time. considering we have not experienced any time travelers prove it us not possible

Entropy must always increase or remain constant in the universe (as a whole), increases in entropy of the universe are irreversible; therefore, the principle of backwards time travel is falsified by a macroscale interpretation of the second law of thermodynamics--gives rise to the whole 'arrow of time' theme. I read a paper not terribly long ago that argued that entropy could decrease in the universe as a whole, quite often, on scales rivaling the Planck scale measurements... I didn't lend much credence to the idea myself. The point made by the former argument thus stands, for now.

Forward time travel simply involves time dilation, it doesn't involve literally and instantaneously transporting yourself to a given time... this would be impossible. The problem with this time dilation bit is that, even though we know time dilation is true and that all we have to do is accelerate ourselves closer and closer to the speed of light, the fact of the matter is:

We would slam into random bits of matter and zoom through interstellar clouds of dust at such high velocities that we would receive an instantly lethal dose of radiation--about 10,000 Sv per second. Receiving 6 Sv in a short while (perhaps over the course of a day) is enough to kill you. You receive an average of 2.4 Sv per year.

You guys are assuming we HAVN'T had anyone from the future?

What if all those people who tried to predict future events were actually from the future, and the ones who were wrong, maybe it didnt happen because by them coming back they already changed the past.

Besides, we wouldn't know if someone from the future had visited us now would we. If someone come up to you and told you what you were going to do tomorrow and said "im from the future" would you believe them? of course not. maybe we HAVE had people from the future, but we just did not believe them.

Secondly, the parallel universe theory would mean, that we would NOT have encountered someone from the future, nor will we EVER. Because if someone travelled to the past, they would travel to another universe, which would not be our own.

according to Einstein, ther is nothing to prevent it.