This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I easily get more traffic to my blog?
11-09-2012, 09:24 PM
How do I easily get more traffic to my blog?
I just started a book blog where I review and give my opinions and thoughts on the books I've read. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to get more traffic to my blog without having to really pay for advertising?

kari-reads.blogspot.com if you'd like to check it out Smile

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:32 PM

You can get High PR web2.0 profile links from below site. It will rank your site on No.1 page within a week.

Ads

Gaining blog traffic definitely takes time and honestly? Networking is your best friend. Make sure that your blog can be found by search engines (under "settings" on Blogspot, you'll need to change your privacy settings to allow it if you haven't already done so), make sure you have an RSS feed set up (you might want to use something like Feedburner to keep track of followers that way), and you'll probably also want to have a follower widget or set up your blog for Google+ so that again, people can follow your blog with more ease (make it easy to find on your blog). Goodreads is useful in general--for tracking books you want to read, have read, etc.--and if you include your blog url on your page, sometimes it directs traffic to your blog as well.
There's also the Book Blogs ning group which can direct traffic to your blog--by linking your reviews up there, following other bloggers, etc. Lastly, setting up a Facebook page for your blog and having a Twitter account for your blog can also help as well. Oh, and if you're going to keep track of page views, unique visitors, etc. then StatCounter would be something useful to have set up.

Getting backlinks to your site is a good way for people to find you and get yourself showing up in the search engines.

The other great thing you can do is to become social in your niche. Find other sites with the same topic and post useful and thought out comments. People will start recognizing you and will visit your site.