This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do kids prefer to live with their dads?
11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Why do kids prefer to live with their dads?
I noticed on Facebook some statuses from other people on how their life sucks and they just want to live with their dad.Is it that dads are more laid back and care free? cause i know my dad is and I prefer to live with him along with my 5 brothers but they live far away and my mom said no that im better off over here which pisses me off.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:35 PM

You are right about the laid back part but the biggest reason your there is you represent child support money to mom. So mom ain't lettin' that go!!

On the Thumbs Down:
Truth hurts doesn't it women!!!!

Ads

it's the "grass is greener" syndrome. mothers almost always get custody in divorces so, naturally, the posts you're reading are from kids living with their mothers. they're upset about something at the moment with their mom's so they think living with their dad's would be a better alternative.

The dad is more fun and less strict the mother is usually the one that gives all the rules and the dad doesn't follow them so he's "on their side"

Dads, generally speaking, are less inclined to relive the marriage and divorce over and over which is highly annoying to children.

SOME kids prefer to live with the parent they think will have less rules and be less strict...sometimes they are correct, sometimes they are not...not all kids prefer to live with their fathers and not all fathers are more laid back and less structured or strict than mothers...

This belongs in Family, instead of Marriage & Divorce...

Because if they live with their dad, money gets spent on them for decent food, school needs. If they live with their mom, she takes the money from their dad and spends it on herself. "Child support" when paid by a man should more accurately be called "moms pocket money".

To a woman, children are a source of income, either in welfare, or payments from the father.

Because they generally live with mom and VISIT dad. Dads house is like a holiday. Dad isn't setting rules, making them do chores, grounding them when they misbehave, etc. If they lived with Dad, they would all be wishing to live with Mom, because Dad would be the one enforcing bed times, rules, homework, etc, and Mom's house would be the vacation.