This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to start a blog (fashion blog..) ?
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
How to start a blog (fashion blog..) ?
I want to start a blog about fashion and about me and giving tips on how to dress for this that and the other, and hair/makeup. I know of loads of girls who do this and girls who love reading them (me being one who loves to read them) and I really want to start my own.
But I want to make one that people will actually look at and be interested in, I have no idea where to start at creating one I am a complete beginner and quite stuck Confused

I've heard of Blogger but I don't want to start on that I wanna have one where its good if you get what I mean?

Thankyou!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM

You are very correct about getting people to actually read your blog. The Web is full of such, probably most with no readership.

My advice is to try social media first. Recently I joined Twitter, and I am finding it a fantastic place to gauge peoples' opinions and network with many experts.

If you join Twitter do searches for fashion and health & beauty, then follow those experts. Regularly 'tweet' them, 'retweet' (same as a Facebook 'like'), and treat your followers with courtesy and gratitude. Like you do at 'YA', be very concise (less than 140 characters) and use lots of web links. Also use your own 'hashtags' (eg. #WhatToWear). These will get people interacting with each other.

Call yourself something like @AbbyBeautyBlog.

Hope this has helped...

Ads

Blogging every day is a huge commitment — especially when it’s not your day job. But if you’re writing about something you love, blogging will come easily. That's the only way to find the energy you need to make your blog a success.
Choosing a name for your blog is probably one of the most important — and toughest — parts of starting a blog. I went through so many names until I finally came up with Viva Fashion. I knew I wanted it to represent my Hispanic background, so I was looking for a mix of Spanish and English words, which is how Viva Fashion (or Live Fashion) came about. If you're having a hard time coming up with a name, try jotting down some of your favorite words and then pairing them together.”
“Try to keep the layout of your blog simple and organized. Having too much going on can be distracting. You want your readers to be able to find what they are looking for, easily. I personally love a white background with black text.
If you're going to be photographing your own outfits, make sure the pictures are high quality and visually appealing. You don't want to post anything that's too blurry or unfocused. I know an iPhone is convenient, but you might want to purchase a camera with a good lens.

Hi Abby,

If you want to create your own blog, visit my website. You will receive a FREE e Book showing you step by step how to do it. Then, next day you will receive a 26 part video training tutorial showing you again step by step how the world wide web works and how you can create your own web business. On a weekly basis then you will receive a newsletter with tons of tips, advice and guidance on maintaining your web business.

Just visit my website. All the above is free to you.

Best wishes and good luck.
Robert

You can make the fashion blog by using attractive templates and designs. The blog should contain all the fashion related topics. You can take the help from the following website.

http://www.lawrencetam.net/project-mayhem

check out my blog for ideas Smile

megan

http://meggturner.blogspot.com/

There is no hard and fast rule for starting blog. Choose what you like to start. You may have an Word-Press Blog. Start writing about fashion, hair, make-up. I must suggest uploading attractive high quality images, because people like to view than read. You have your own domain at Word-Press or have a new hosting. You may create video tutorials too. We would love to see cool fashion blog by you soon. All the best Smile