This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How the hell do I use Twitter?
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
How the hell do I use Twitter?
Ok so I feel really stupid for this but I need help understanding how Twitter works. Can anyone give me a little lesson? I just dont understand the whole how to talk to people or the @ # retweet favorite or anything. All I really know is how to write a tweet lol. I need help please. thx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Easy. Just get on there and post some totally worthless bullshit like everyone else who doesn't have a life does.

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Twitter is quite simple, you just need to know what everything does.

If you @ someone, you're tagging them in the tweet/tweeting that person. So if you wanted to tweet Britney Spears, you'd put @britneyspears and your message.

# is a hashtag and when you hashtag something, you are tagging a topic in your tweet. Like if you were talking about cooking, you could put #cooking at the end of your tweet. Hashtags are a bit pointless though.

Retweet is displaying someone else's tweet on your profile for all your followers to see!

Favourite is favouriting a tweet into a "favourites" list so you can re-read the tweet in your list.

To compose a tweet, there's a box on the left hand side that you can type in and "send" the tweet so it publishes.

You'll get the hang of it eventually!