This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do people become boyfriend and girlfriend?
11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
How do people become boyfriend and girlfriend?
Relationships always seem to start so suddenly, especially in high school. I hear a lot of people joke about having to sign a contract or oath, but I'm legitimately curious as to how it works. Does someone have to confess, or do people just end up together mutually? Do they usually confirm it over Facebook or something? Thanks.
Sorry for the kind of stupid question...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM

You ask, "Do you want to go out?" Usually after first kiss. That simple.

Ads

it depends on the person, some ask out the person out, sometimes it just happens
i don't know everyone does it different

In High school I found it usually happens with one person saying to another "will you go out with me?" that kinda thing. As you get older though however, one person may admit to the other that they like them or it gets com firmed on facebook.... Once you leave school, It kinda just happens. My last boyfriend, we went out on a date and then just started hanging out more and more. My current boyfriend kissed me and then that was that. It's all about communication, what each person wants.... and it varies from person to person

Your talking about two separate things.

Firstly you have the biologic imperative, the sex drive if you will.

Secondly you have each individuals personality, wants needs.

Theses are modified by the culture each individual is exposed to, which in turn is accepted or rejected. The traditional female role of mother and house keeper for instance was challenged by the suffragette, the gay movement is challenging there right to form open relationship very successfully.

In real terms this means it will be harder for a Muslim female to meet after a certain age, than a citizen from England or the USA. But given the opportunity to meet, then social interaction will lean individuals to become close. How each individual relationship changes from friend to lover is dependant on each party in the relationship, usually two, but some times more.

In other words people have a biological need to have close relationships, this may be hard wired, females for instance use more of there brain for social interaction than males, in general. The brains of each sex are different to a degree. But as every one is an individual, the methods of courtship will vary widely. From the stone age get a club and subdue the nearest male / female in site. To extended courtships with candle light & music.

Hope this helps. CDR

Every relationship is different. (Even the relationships of one person will be different from partner to partner, because people are constantly changing & learning over time.)

Usually one person will be more interested in the other, but there are times when both people feel an immediate & mutual attraction. Sometimes people start out as friends (or even flat-out hating each other sometimes!) and their romantic attraction grows over time as they gain history/a better understanding of each other. There are a lot factors, but it's usually physical attraction and mutual interests (same hobbies, same religion, same political passions, same long-term goals, etc.) There are a few specialty considerations as well--such as people with dominating personalities seeking out more submissive partners, and visa versa. It's all a matter of personal preference, and needless to say, those are vast!

Some people post absolutely EVERYTHING to facebook, and others like to keep things more private. I've noticed that younger people tend to "advertise" their relationships more, but older folks usually make sure things are going to work out before they "take them home to mom." Relationships are easier when you're a teenager because there are fewer life responsibilities and everything is new and exciting.

If you really can't figure it out, try sitting down with a couple you know and asking them how they met. Or you could also just observe how they interact. The key to being happy is to figure out what YOU specifically need in a relationship and find somebody who fills those needs. As well as figuring out the needs you meet in other people, and finding someone who's looking for what you have to offer. I hope this helps you out!