This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it genetically possible for your grandmother to be your sister?
11-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Is it genetically possible for your grandmother to be your sister?
Okay, I know this is extremely strange, but it's just a thing between my friends and Facebook siblings. I would appreciate getting some help trying to figure it out though, if anybody knows? Thanks! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM

no because you mother would have to give birth to both you and your grandmother (her mother.) I suppose it would be possible if you time travelled, but seeing as that is unlikely.... i would go with no.

Ads

It's not NORMALLY (i.e., socially) possible, genetically, but strange marriage relationships could give rise to such an arrangement. I guess it would be PHYSICALLY possible for your father to have sexual relations with his mother or his mother-in-law and a resultant live-birth - as morally reprehensible as that is - would result in the genertic relationship

i am 99.9% sure its impossible for that to happen even if she were to adopt u

Nope, not possible from a genetic standpoint.

Not really, not genetically.

Though, through some strange marriages, it might be possible. That would probably take a very young, and strangely married family.

Yes! Mummy has a girl, grandma, who then has a boy, who is daddy. Then mummy and daddy have a kid which is you. Very odd incest, and lots of 12 year olds with kids so the age thing doesn't rule it out, but technically, it could happen...

if your great grandfather slept with you r mother and produced you then your grandmother would be your sister or more exact your 1/2 sister