This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone is stalking me on here and I am alarmed, how were they able to track me down ?
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Someone is stalking me on here and I am alarmed, how were they able to track me down ?
Someone sent me an email and said that they knew what i look like, where i go to school, which college I go to and more. They said they talked to my relatives and stuff. I never revealed any of my information, My name is not really nicholas. I made this new account hoping they would not track me down. How were they able to track me down ???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Turn everything on private, call the cops and ask what can be done..Though I don't think anything can be done until they make a threat :|

Change your house number/ cell number as well maybe

Ads

Likely they know you in real life and are screwing with you..
Otherwise, they have a virus on your computer, and know everything you do on the computer..

The first one is WAAY more likely..

college hmm its maybe a prank if your not popular then its a prank

......Hacks.....

You can try to report the matter to the Police Department. Also if necessary, you can engage a Private Detective Agency. But they may charge your exorbitantly.

Call the police (911] or at least tell your parents

First, turn all your account details onto private, block him from your contacts, and don't allow anyone to email/IM you. Ask your relatives if this person really had talked to them. Also, it could just be a prank. Remember that. But don't take it lightly. Tell your parents, ask your relatives, turn your stuff on private, and block this person. If they make any real threats, call 911.

call the police. This is obviously cyber harrasment.

Try to put your self in their shoes:

check what your privacy status is and what information is available about you,
in your answers you might have revealed information or information from which somebody can make conclusions. DO you have any links to facebook ? Is your profile on extreme private mode ?

Second is: when they send you the emails: what exactly did they say ? What are the exact details they gave you ? You can send an email to everybody claiming you have information ....