This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did facebook become so much more popular than Myspace?
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
How did facebook become so much more popular than Myspace?
Myspace has everything facebook has and more, like you can change your background on your home and profiles pages, facebook is just plain white

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM

cuz

Ads

Better apps, more organized, simpler interface, plus the whole customization thing got real out of hand. Facebook is just a heck of a lot more classy that myspace ever was.

the market share is split up for everyone under 13 gets a myspace and over 13 gets a facebook
Originally facebook was exclusive, you needed a .edu for the college you went to to sign in.
Now they've thrown themselves into the pit of regular society, slowly becoming what you want, which is disgusting.

Myspace was mostly popular in the USA and still is, although not anywhere near the scope of Facebook.
Facebook become popular because it had a very good marketing plan, it become the rave at universities around the world, and when it went mainstream there was already so much buzz around it that it was impossible for it not to succeed.

As for the features... they really don't mean anything, the core features are present on both interfaces, and the reason Facebook is so much more pleasing is because it has a very simple layout that anyone including an 80 year old can use.

In my and my friends experience, the plain Facebook profile is much simpler and more enjoyable to use. One doesn't have to worry about their background, or what it looks like, or even if anyone likes it or not. Plus, Myspace seems to have a lot more ads including those on their home screen while Facebook's are smaller and just on the side of the page. However, it's totally your opinion and it just depends on your tastes and what you prefer.

I think that Facebook is a lot more easier to use than Myspace and has a better layout.

Shift in consumer habits (: i pressume! Facebook has developed to be a social website where you can meet old friends (that was what it was designed to be) where as myspace was more of a social have fun website (customise layouts, meet new people online - that sort of stuff)

and well myspace new, from the rapid growth of facebook that they couldnt expand, so hence why they are more of a music social website rather than a connect with friends website. (and most probably people in this dasy of age would rather connect with old friends on facebook and find new upcoming artisits on myspac)

Anyways that is my opinion!

Josh x
http://www.BestEverProfile.com - currently being revamped although spealises in layouts for social network sites (: Take care people x

Because of better privacy and online chat.