This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do 18 year olds party so much after graduating high school?
11-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Why do 18 year olds party so much after graduating high school?
Don't they have to work? My brother just graduated and he works full time for a satellite installation company but there are pictures of him and his friends drinking and partying a lot on his facebook. I am 12 turning 13 and isn't this illegal? What is the reasoning? He doesn't want to go to college yet but like I said is working full time. Like I have heard of college parties but not like hes doing with his friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM

I used to be skeptical of why people drink. One night i gave it a go and I tell ya drunk is awesome, at a young age it is illegal but really fun. You gotta limit yourself though, to much and your going down a nasty road

Ads

18 year olds dont party as much as the media wants to portray. Im 19, and I drink beer and I have access to all the alcohol I want, but I have never partied and have never been drunk (I actually drink about a beer every two or three days, never more than one a day). Its all a ploy to make us look irresponsible and make a case for the stupid drinking age (actually, people who are 21 party more than 18 year olds).

I'm 16 and partying isn't my thing.

I drank alcohol, but that was when I was like 7 and thought it was juice.

Drinking and doing drugs aren't my thing either.

So yeah man, don't Generalize.

they want to get laid. they use their parents money during grad cause its a "special time". from where im from someone usually dies in a drunk driving car accident every grad so be careful

I just went through this before I went to college and I thought I should drink and have as much fun while I could cause soon I'd have to grow up and realize what's really important in life like jobs and a family. I guess I just wanted to hve fun while I could.

Because it's fun.

Mike you sound like a smart peson and someone who truly cares for his brother. Drinking and Drugs lead to bad things, in my opinion with many kids as well as adults. Your brother sounds like hes in the wrong type of crowd. I understand peer pressure, and it stinks. I took many chances, i thought i was cool but, in the end i wasn't cool at all. I was in jail and hung over, not fun!!!I He's working and thats great, but if he starts to screw that up you might want to step in. I don't know what kind of relationship you guys have but if you can try to see whats going on in his life. There are so many kids that go to college and party and drop out and party and go back. Being a teen and a young teen as yourself is hard but stay positive and never do anything you don't want to do. I know you don't want to be a rat and tell your parents, so as i said keep an eye out for him and this is something young people do (not all) and believe me its not cool to be passed out with obsenities written all over ya. Good Luck, Mike. Oh, in NJ the legal age to drink is 21, so if hes partying at someones home and he gets in an accident that person is screwed.

18-22 is the prime of life and there is no other time in the future when you will be able to drink and party without any consequences. At that age you are getting a taste of independence but still are able to rely on your parents so it creates an environment perfect for doing whatever the hell you want. People just want to take advantage of the situation and have the time of their lives....and there's nothing wrong with that.

well my bros 18 he doesnt drink if he ever did drink i would fight with him even tough im younger i feel ur pain kid actually i dont lol