This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did someone in a nother country I have never been to hack into my facebook acount?
11-09-2012, 09:35 PM
How did someone in a nother country I have never been to hack into my facebook acount?
Hey!
I recieved a notification that someone is another country I have never been to had supposedly hacked into my facebook. Is that possible? How could someone possible hack into my facebook account?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Basically, all anyone needs to get into any internet account is your user name and password. You may never have been to that country, but your FB is in every country in the world that has internet access.

How was it hacked? Read the link below.

Ads

Generally Facebook will not inform you of this. It is possible that the E-mail came from somebody that wants to hack into your account. There is two ways to do this. One is for the writer to trick you into giving out important information such as your password. It will say the writer needs your password to log on so that somebody can fix the problem. Another way to get you is to get you to download a trojan which could be a key logger. Maybe the writer doesn't even know you have a facebook account and just wants to sent you a trojan.

They sent notifications for something like that too?

Hacking an account isn't that hard (I would know).
All they need is your email and password. Email is quiet easy to get, most people make it public these days.
As for password, you could have hinted him by mentioning simple yet important information like birthday, pets name, etc etc.. Or, they could use brute forcing, guessing your password by using softwares. And the last easy option would been keylogging.

yes its possible they Some How got your Facebook Email address and Password Please Change your Password Right away and it should lock them out and when logging in always make sure it says facebook.com on the top of the address bar there is a lot of fake facebook sites going around

you probably, accidentally put out your username and password to a fake facebook site, which normally the URL would be "facebok" or "facebuk" or anything that is not "facebook.com" and its a hacking site that will collect your username and password and with the intention to hack your account. Luckily, facebook nowadays detect where the IP address is the same with where are you usually connected from and send you an email if it doesn't match your normally IP address.