This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is up with the new Facebook Newsfeed thing?
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
What is up with the new Facebook Newsfeed thing?
I woke up this morning and logged onto Facebook, and the newsfeed wall is FILLED with things that I do not care to see.
For example: John Doe and Sarah Tillman are now friends.
Bob Smith just added Bob Saget, John Doe, and Matt Brown as friends.

My settings were changed overnight, and now there is no option to change them back. Please help me! Is this happening to you? I have looked everywhere on Facebook, and there is nothing that will let me adjust my newsfeed settings. Help would be appreciated, and is this happening to you? Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM

This is another new facebook.
Don't worry, we all hate it.

Ads

yea I hate it 2.

This was an update made to Facebook that they have been working on for a while. The guys over at Palo Alto decided that you needed some more pointless crap on your wall. While technically this stuff was on your home page all along, it was just in the highlights section on the right hand side of the page. My guess would be that by clearing out the side panels of their webpages, Facebook can allow more advertisement space to be sold and thereby increasing their already huge profits.

There are two options now however, you can either watch the news feed or the live feed. The news feed is a closer match to the original, with just the highlights thrown it. The live feed however has as much crap as you can imagine in it. So with even 200+ friends you and everyone else is going to have to troll though everything on the page to find something even remotely interesting. Sorry bud, wait till next year and then facebook will probably be obsolete and a new social site will pop up.

Be careful with facebook my friend. It has taken that innevatable step into capitalism . Everything you write in your facebook account is the sole property of facebook. Deleted or not they have it and they can do what ever they want with it. Facebook has become the modern day employee background check.

You can hide it by clicking a hidden button on the top right-hand corner of each post