This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I close my Facebook account?
11-09-2012, 09:37 PM
How do I close my Facebook account?
How do I permanently shut down my Facebook account? I tried it but it kind of does this thing where it just hybernates until you log in again. But is there a way to completely wipe out my account i.e. gets rid of all photos, etc. as if I've never created an account before?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:46 PM

You can't! Didn't you see that South Park episode?!

Ads

You can't.

The only thing you can do is delete everything on it manually and hope facebook doesn't keep back-ups.

I deleted my old facebook account and I can assure you that it doesn't "hibernate" until you log back in. It may take a few days for it to completely delete everything ranging between about 10-16 days, I'm guessing.
http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php...te_account

Open your account go to the account option on the top right corner of your home page, then click on account settings, then down at the bottom you will find an option saying deactivate account account, select the deactivate option over there.

This will DEACTIVATE your account, to DELETE it, you just have to NOT OPEN you Facebook account for 1 month....after that you will never be able to open your account.

NOTE - When you deactivate your account, you can still open it if you wish to return...but for the time your account is deactivated all of your information and photos and stuff, will not be able to be seen by anyone they will be SOUGHT OF deleted....

Hope this helps........