This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my mom expect me to know everything?
11-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Why does my mom expect me to know everything?
Hi everyone

So my mom literally expects me to know EVERYTHING. For instance, yesterday we went to Walmart and she wanted me to read the ingredients of a make up product or something of that nature. Of course the ingredients were going to be a bunch of chemicals that I've never heard of. She asked me what they are and what they do. So my obvious answer was "I don't know". She gave me a nasty look and said "ok, thank you" in an extremely sarcastic manner. Another instance would be today, she was on Facebook and apparantley she didn't get notified for a birthday. She asked me what was going on, so I looked through the settings and birthday notifications were turned ON. I told her this, and then I said I didn't know why she wasn't getting notified. She said "well you know everything about computers so you should know how to fix it". Which is true, I do know a lot about computers. But I'm not a computer guru or expert who knows absolutely everything. Once again she gave me a sarcastic thank you.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I get punished for not knowing the things she asks me.

My questions: Why does she expect me to know everything? What can I do about it?

Thanks in advanced.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Try talking to her about it...she may not even realizes she's doing it. If that fails try therapy together. Punishing you for not knowing something can and will scar you for life and may lead to a self esteem issue. Therapy is probably your best option and if she refuses to go with you than go alone so at least you can learn how to deal with how she is making you feel. Good luck Smile

Ads

giving like knowledge may be

it can because fo her past experience in life.maybe your grandma treated her like this.so she is treating you like this.or maybe she thinks that if you know everything you will be successful in life which is not true.you need to talk with her and explain to her that you can't know everything life is a learning stage everyday you learn something.you can't learn everything in one day.tell your mom how you feel.after all she is your mom i am sure she will understand

Try google? everybody else in the world who uses it thinks that they know everything. Or do what i do with my mother when you can make it up. For example the make up products. you could have said anything and would she have known any better? lol

First of all ur mom expect very high from you. every mom want their children learn everything n know more about the materials and always active and forward than others. So, try to catch more n more about the updates in surroundings and materials. be curious in every new materials and words that help you to learn more too and sit with your mothers, be cool mind n notify her that we are in learning process. we learn everyday new things.

what we learn today, tomorrow may become new and vast. we have to learn till the end of time. It is the changes of time. Be a friend with your mom.
Cheers to life!!!