This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If your 12 year old daughter put up a Facebook page against your parental guidance what would you do?
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
If your 12 year old daughter put up a Facebook page against your parental guidance what would you do?
She even has a "Boyfriend" that is not allowed until she is 15. Is beat her A$$ an option?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:53 PM

If I were you I would take away her computer and ground her A$$. Also dont let her get on any computer.

Ads

i'd do nothing

literally everyone has facebook now. make sure her page is private so only her friends can see, and it does no harm. 15 is a little old to not be allowed to date...loosen up! your baby is growing up, let her go Smile

No, definitely don't beat her as$. She's only 12, what harm can a boyfriend do? And you can't censor the internet as she will just find another way to make a facebook account. If you're really upset about it just let her know what she did was wrong with out physical violence.

ground her. No tv or computer for a month. that's what my parents did for my sister when she put one up. And she didn't do it again. And I wasn't allowed to date till I was 18.. So i really don't think 15 is too harsh at all. You got to make sure she still knows your the boss. Or she'll walk all over you. But beating her isn't exactly the way to go about it if you ask me. You don't want her to remember you as an abusive father.

Yes spank her for not doing what she was told to do

My 11 year old decided to try this. And of course lied about it and got caught. She earned herself the lovely privilege of having no internet access for a month. Along with losing access to phone, TV, all electronic gadgets for two weeks for the lying aspect of it.

As far as the boyfriend, at that age, most of them are not doing anything except walking to class together or talking. They usually don't even hang out after school.

In regards to the beating her a$$ portion, that is probably best left as a remark of saying and not doing. Besides the fact of it being abusive, it isn't as effective of punishment as cutting off all access to her social life.

Good luck and hope this helps!

I would probably let her know that she broke one of my rules. Tell her she is to close her account and after a week or two talk to her on options about her facebook account both we can agree on for example:]
1. Have her open an account giving you her password to check her account
2. have no information on her profile like phone numbers address etc.
3. Have her profile set on PRIVATE only
4. Have her profile set on no accepting friends requests unless they send an email and you can supervise who gets to be on your child's face book.

about the boyfriend thing.. well i wasn't allowed even at 15 to have a boyfriend which i think she is lucky. I would probably ask her "boyfriend" to come over for a talk let him know directly that you do not agree that your child (because she is still way to young to know what a boyfriend should be)
should be dating at this young age. She should be only thinking of school. ,maybe try to scare her by asking her that since shes dating this guy you want to meet the parents (kids don't want to have a formal boyfriend i think this would scare him off lol) get to meet his parents so what they think about there son having a girlfriend. If you decide that its okay for her to date this guy this talk to the parents have rules like " your daughter is not allowed to go over his house unless one of them is there" 2. let them see each other maybe 2 a week for an hour 3. if her grades go down she will have to end her little boyfriend thing. 3. and THE MOST IMPORTANT talk to her about SEX and how at her age that shouldn't cross her mind tell her she needs to have respect for herself and be aware of all the things that could happen and how many doors having an active sex life leads too.. i understand its your daughter and she is only 12 but if shes thinking about dating at such a young age you should be able to start talking to her about this things.... being strict sometimes doesn't work kids get rebellious set rules and maintain firm your consequences if she brakes them. Tell her that you are being reasonable with her in exchange of trust.

Kicking her a$$ will not help trust me i was in her situation and felt that my parents just didn't let me do anything (this happened to me at age15) i think that if my parents would of let me have a a boyfriend at 15 i would probably get over the guy quick since my parents approved it) i was sent to mexico when i had a boyfriend for a couple of months. which i always thought my parents over reacted because i was always very responsible . all i wanted was TRUST and you should give that to your child before making any other decisions

Why do you people always go straight for the beatings? Honestly.

Deactivate her account, and put her on internet restriction. Punishments should always match the offenses.

Examples:

Steals a cookie after saying not before dinner. = No dessert for three days.

Going on websites you told her not to. = No internet for the rest of the week.

Killing a family because they aren't the religion you are = Raising the now-orphaned child in the religion of the now-dead family. (Mahatma Gandhi)

You get the idea, you can modify the severity for the offense of course.