This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I get in trouble at school for something that was said on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Can I get in trouble at school for something that was said on Facebook?
Okay, so this all started with a kid wanting me to post something on facebook. So I did. And then out of nowhere he calls me a slut, so I get angry and start to defend myself and some not nice things were said by me. I wasn't threatening him at all. But apperently his "mother" got on and said that she forwarded everything to the principal at school. Can anything happen?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Things could happen but he did start the whole thing

Ads

Well In some cases if the favebook "issues" spill over into the classroom then yes I think you can be punished, but if it doesn't them I highly doubt tue school can do anything. If they try to have you're parents set up a meeting with the principal and discuss why you were punished.

Yea u will prob both get in trouble, it sucks dont it

To be honest with you I believe that you can't. If this all happened out of school, pricipals or school should not get involve. Now if the situation gets worse and it gets violent where it is verbal or physical and it happens during school hours then yes you can get in trouble. This all depends if it happens in school or not. One thing I can tell you is that if you did something to offend someone verbally or physically and this dis not happen in school, the mother can be smart enough to press charges on you. So be careful with what you do. Wink good luck and I hope I helped!

You have the freedom of speech and to express yourself.

It depends how lenient your principal is, make sure to note that HE
started this crap. He might consider it as cyber-bulling, but at least you
did not threaten. Smile

They shouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it. This happened outside of school so this kids mother had no business forwarding anything to the principal. This should have been dealt with a little more maturely. People say shit all the time anyway. What is the school going to do? Tell you to watch your language? I wouldn't worry about it.