This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do all jewish people believe in the son of God?
11-09-2012, 09:52 PM
do all jewish people believe in the son of God?
this is a question for jewish people out there and i ask it with respect. there was a girl arguing with me on facebook saying that i would not find a single jew that did not believe that Jesus is the son of God. i am trying to settle the argument with her about this. if i could get a rabbi or two to answer this that would be even better.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:00 PM

There are no Jews who believe in God having a son. There are no Jews who believe that Jesus is the Messiah. The Jewish Messiah will be mortal.

Messianics are evangelical Christians pretending to be Jewish in order to lure Jews into Christianity.

http://whatjewsbelieve.org
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
http://www.jewfaq.org/moshiach.htm
http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles...sandjesus/

Ads

Messanic Jews do, but they are pretty much Christians who try and still living according to the OT. Basically con-artists.

They believe the son of god hasn't come yet. That is why they are jews and not christian.

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up Feivel. Jews believe in a messiah but not a son of god.

Nope...

IMHO

Jews believe they are the chosen people over us inferior goyim

שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד

Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Eḥad - Hear, O Israel: the Lord is our God, the Lord is One

No. Jews are strict monotheists. And by Jews I mean Orthodox, Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist. No Messianic Christian wannabees.

This girl is obviously not Jewish. There are NO Jewish people who believe that Jesus is the son of God. It isn't even an argument - you don't need a rabbi to answer this question. This girl is either playing with you or she calls herself a "Jew for Jesus" (which is an oxymoron) - whatever it is, she is dead wrong.

I am a Rabbinical student along with my brother and my father is a Rabbi (as was his father and his grandfather etc etc).

I know no Jew who believes in "the son of G-d" and none that believe jesus was Moshiach. If you believe jesus was the messiah then you are xtian and in Jews eyes you are an apostate.

Jesus did NOT meet the requirements for being the Messiah CLEARLY and to believe in the concept of "father, son, spirit" (triad) "godhead" goes AGAINST Jewish teachings and is considered polytheism. In fact, the Torah warns us about false prophets and jesus fit that description so no real Jew will believe in "the son of G-d" or jesus

The Messiah has not come. He will be a man (not a son of man or son of G-d or part of a "godhead") but a flesh and blood man born of 2 human parents. The criteria is quite clear.

I am not Jewish I was raised Catholic but I do not believe in God anymore so I am no longer Catholic. Jews believe God is a single entity that is unable to be divided (They do not believe in the Trinity which makes the Son as God). That means that they do not believe in anyone who claims to be the son of God. That would be heretical for them. So to answr ur question no Jewish person believes in the son of God aka Jesus. They believe all of us are "sons of God." So yes they do believe in sons of God which is mankind but no son of God.