This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you deactivate your Facebook profile, are your friends saved?
11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
If you deactivate your Facebook profile, are your friends saved?
I need to deactivate my brothers account, he is deceased. Thing is, there are frineds on there and emails that I want to keep. Also, I need to start a memorial page for him. I need to know how to do this. Guess that is another question. Please help. What happens when I deactivate? What info is lost?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM

Yes they are when you go back to reactivate all your friends willll still be there. No info will be lost just go back on and it will say welcome back and it will be like you never deactivated it. Of course there will be no new comments but all the old posts will still be there.

Ads

If you deactivate an account no one can see their profile. I do believe that you can still see pictures that other people posted. You can however reactivate the account whenever you want.

Everything is lost. With the millions of users on facebook, they can't afford to keep unnecessary data on their servers if it is not being used.

Sorry to hear about your brother.

1. If you Deactivate an account, you lose everything - all contacts and info

2. If you wanted to start a memorial page for him in Facebook, start the page, add all friends to new memorial page from the account you need to deactivate and only then delete the old account.

Yes, once you deactivate your account it is af it you never had one but if you log in ONCE you re-activated your account so dont log back in.

yes everything will be the same when you reactivate it