This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I convince my mom to let me join a facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:55 PM
How do I convince my mom to let me join a facebook?
I'm 15 and face book is completely protected unlike myspace. But she keeps saying no. All my freinds have it and its one of the only ways I can talk with my freinds!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM

Haha, tell her you're already talking to tons of strange people on Yahoo! Answers! Big Grin
Well, aside from that, walk her through it. Show her all of the safety features, and tell her she can check up on you whenever she wants. That should do it.

Ads

just join anyway.how is she going to know?

Does she know it's 10x better then MySpace??

Personally I think facebook should be reserved for only college students like it used to be but now Myspace and Facebook are essentially becoming the same thing.

To convince your mom just show her the site. Show her how you can lock privacy settings and stuff. How you don't have to have pictures if she is uncomfortable with that. Highlight Facebook's safety features. I find it to be less sketchy than Myspace so if you have a Myspace, getting a Facebook should be easier.

just do it anyway. she probably don't have one so she wont no
but if your faith full you wont go behind her back so do what you think

get msn, then you can talk to your friends and you can block random weirdos!

well facebook is really safe because in rder for somebody to see your profile they have to ask you to be there friend and if you don't know them then you just don't add them it is that simple. And you don't have to put anthing personal on there. I am pretty sure that if you go to the setting you can change them to only let people see and do sertain things on you page. Like you can block people from seeing your pics and you can make it so that people can just write on your wall!!!!
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MOM

dont sign up to it.. i joined it a couple of months back.. and since i joined it, it has been a waste of time and is dodgey

first, yearbook is way better, second i didnt ask my mom i just got it, third just give her ur e-mail & password and tell her she can check it out eny time and she might not get mad! good luck!