This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do I get notifications of friends'birthdays on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
how do I get notifications of friends'birthdays on facebook?
I am new to facebook. How do I get notifications of my friends'birthdays? Will they be email notifications or do I have to constantly log on to see them. Can they be notified of my birthday as well?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:06 PM

You don't get email notifications and there is no option to get them. However, you can view your friends' birthdays by going to your home page and clicking on the events icon on the right. This will bring up a bunch of dates you can click on to see who has a birthday when. Additionally on the home page there is a box that has a list of your friends who have birthdays "today" and the ones that have it "tomorrow".

Another option and something I use and love is a facebook app called Scrapboy that gives desktop notifications whenever one of my friends' has a birthday coming up (and you can set a timer for later if you think you'll forget). It's also got an event organizer so you can scroll through the events you've been invited to, birthdays (past and future), upcoming events, past events, etc. If this sounds like what you were looking for check it out:
http://www.new.facebook.com/apps/applica...e%2Bagenda

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply