This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Facebook and YouTube considered part of the media?
11-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Is Facebook and YouTube considered part of the media?
I am writing an essay about how the media influences the political process. Would it be valid to talk about social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and their use in uprisings in the Arab world? I don't quite understand what media means. Obviously it is the news and stuff like that, but can Facebook, Twitter and other sites along these lines be included as part of the media?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM

Of course theyre part of the media... All the interbet is part of the media

Ads

Media really means any for of mass communication. At the moment Facebook etc are called new media (old media is newspapers, radio, TV, movies etc) but the current generation have never known a world before easy Internet access. So yes, Facebook and Twitter etc are media and probably the most common and important media for young people today.

Media includes any internet/TV/broadcasting type thing. If people can access it. It's media.

Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are most definitly media. They are the new media craze.

I love politics :')

to be specific, they are known as 'social media', which means they are not ran by any organization that edits their content, instead they are open to the public to post whatever they want to