This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I know my dad is having an affair, should I tell him I know?
11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I know my dad is having an affair, should I tell him I know?
I know that he is having an affair by reading his Facebook messages. I know it was wrong of me, but he has been acting very distant the last few months and I was worried about him. Should I tell him I know, or who should I tell? I think my mom suspects something, but I'm not sure that she knows anything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:08 PM

You should just mind your own business and let your parents work it out. Regardless of what you do their relationship will fail unless you let them deal with it themselves when he is exposed.. Just think! You'll get to celebrate Christmas twice a year!

Ads

I think it depends on how close you are with your father.

If you're very close with him, then ask him if you two could talk, and then ask him if he's ever had an affair with another woman. If he denies it, tell him you know he's having one, and apologize for invading his private facebook messages.

If you're not close with him....get closer with him, and complete the above.

I really hope I help!!

Yes. Get him off to yourself and tell him exactly how you know and how much you know. See what he has to say.

You should tell your mother right away. Imagine that this affair gives your father AIDS and he gives it to your mother just because you never told her... NOW you will lose both parents.... Sorry to say your dad is a big jerk!!!

Wow, I am sorry that you are stuck in an uncomfortable situation. First of all I think you should talk to your dad. Ask him why he is having an affair; obviously there must be something wrong in your parent’s relationship. Talk to him and tell him how you feel about the situation. After, talking to your dad and you see that the relationship can be fixed then don’t tell your mom, is better for your dad to tell your mom. It’s their relationship. Of course you can help by giving your dad an advice on talking marriage counseling with your mom. Of course, if you see that he doesn’t have any intentions on fixing his marriage the correct thing to do is tell your mom because it’s not fair for her to be cheated on. She too has the right to make a new life with someone else.

You should tell them that your family is having a major issue that your mom doesn't know about and you think you need therapy. It might seem like a bad idea at first but they can help you work out your problems and if the therapist is good things should return to normal. If not you at least tried to help your family and you wouldn't have to think for the rest of your life if you just would have told them and helped them get through it if things would have turned out better.

He's advertising it on Facebook? That's low. An affair is bad enough, but for you to be able to learn about it this way is very sucky.

His affair and your knowledge of it makes this a family problem. Tell him you know, tell him it's not fair to you or your mother or other siblings, and demand that he explain himself and what he's going to do now. It IS your business!!

normally' I would tell you not to get involved. it would be best not to say anything to your mom at this time. for all it will do is make her worry and cry all the time, then this will make you feel bad and guilty for telling her. the best thing to do it tell your dad you would like to talk to him alone sometime. do not tell him how you found this out, just as him if he still loves your mom. if he seems surprised that you know and ask you questions just say that you just found out a few things but do not tell him how you know. ask him if he realizes how this will affect your mom and what it will do to her? let im know you are very disappointed in him for doing such a thing. and tell him to talk to your mom and explain to her what is going on if you want to stay with this other woman. if not go back to mom and stop this problem from becoming something that will be out of control and destroy the family. do not talk to him in an angry manner, just talk normal and explain to him how much his family loves him. but never tell him how you found this information, let him simmer on the thought he has been caught. for if you tell him he will block you from finding out more about what is going on and what type of decisions he has made with this other woman. for example he may tell her he is going to stay with her and not his wife. as then you will know what is about to come about, or he could tell this other woman that he will never see her again. so in this way you will be able to believe him when he tells you he will stay with your mom, as I said' there is not any reason to put your mom threw all of this pain if you can change the way things are. I wish you all the luck, and hope everything comes out right. but please never let your dad know how you found this information, for you never know if he may try something like this again as you will need to find out before hand.

sorry this was long, it was just a lot to explain.