This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When is an ideal time to get a myspace/facebook?
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
When is an ideal time to get a myspace/facebook?
Hello, my sister is turned 13 a month ago, and would like to get a myspace. The only problem is that she is too impatient. Our parents offered her a facebook when she gets into high school (she's in 8th right now). But everyone in her grade has a myspace and being the way she is, she wants one now. So we ask,
when is the ideal time?
Thanks in advance(:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:10 PM

I got my myspace in 7th grade and my face book in 8th so I think eight grade's ok ,but that's my opinion

Ads

As long as her Myspace is private, and she is educated about not adding people she doesn't know and such, then It wouldn't hurt for her to have a Myspace. I give it a condition tho.. like you have to know her password or something

actually i would avoid allowing her to get facebook until she is 14 and myspace until 16.

i dont know why but articles of research shown that having facebook and myspace causes the average teenager to get a worse mark than those who don't

you should at least b 15 b4 getting one because u can talk to anyone you want to on myspace

and did u know htat people can tract you anywhere you go on myspace?

i say she is too young

tell her to wait two more years also that she doesn't get every thing she wants.

i sure don't

I got mine at 13.
It's not really a matter of age as it is maturity.
If you think she's ready to safely conduct herself online then I say she could go ahead and get one now.
Just be cautious and occasionally check her page.

the min age is 13. i don't recommend it unless you have parental controls. there are a lot of predators on there that look for children. it is a good way for children to interact with one another and gaining computer knowledge at the same time. if you do decide to make sure you regularly check, have one your self so you are buddies and you can monitor the page as well as friends.

I got my myspace in like, year 7, along with facebook.
Its not a problem, as long as you make sure its on private and add her as a friend so you know what she's doing on there Smile
Don't pressurize her to tell you her password or anything, she needs freedom.

Over all, they are making myspace pretty safe now. No social networking site if completely safe, but there is always ways to help it. You can block and delete people, not accept friend requests from people you don't know, have your profile private etc. I think 13 is a reasonable age to get a myspace, providing she will be responsible, you can always supervise her aswell.

x

I see no harm in her being allowed to have a MySpace. It's great she's not asking for something extreme like most teens are these days. MySpace is just a great way to connect with friends from school, blog about current things going on in your life, and express your creative side through page design ...plus, they offer really great security options so that ONLY her friends would be allowed to view, send friend requests, and messages to her profile! MySpace is awesome for all ages!!! (Just with security limits for the younger ones!! Smile