This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to meet other military wives and mothers in norfolk va?
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
How to meet other military wives and mothers in norfolk va?
Hello, my name is Suzanne. I am married to my husband who is stationed at little creek in the navy. We have a 4yr old and a 2 month old. I am looking for ways to meet new people and find some friends. Any one know how I can go about doing this? Any suggestions? Is there a place where I can meet others online?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM

There are multiple sources you can use. For example MWR hosts a variety of events that can help you mingle with other families. Sometimes there are also command sponsored events.
http://www.cnic.navy.mil/NorfolkSta/Flee.../index.htm

Ads

My husband is stationed at fort Carson Colorado and here there are many Facebook pages for the post. Try looking up "little creek navy wives" on Facebook and you'll probably get a lot of results! Also I'm not sure if you all have frg (family readiness groups) but we do (army) and you can meet many wives from those meetings

Go on facebook and see if someone created a wives page for the base you are stationed at. I know there are several fb group pages wives have created here where we are stationed so everyone can meet other girls etc. Also try your husbands unit. If he has friends who are married meet their wives or invite people he works with over for a barbecue or something. Whenever beer or food is mentioned people will show up.lol but it is a way to meet others Smile

Hang out down to the Walmart.

I LIVED THERE FOR 14 YRS AND YOUR HUSBAND'S COMMAND POST KINDLY WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE ANWSERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS! WANT TO THANK YOUR HUSBAND FOR SERVING IN THE UNITED STATES MILITARY. MAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY AND A SAFE AND JOYOUS NEW YEAR " 2012 "!!!

Did you do the Spouse 101 or COMPASS through Fleet & Family Support Center (FFSC)? That can give you a lot of information. Make sure you have the Ombudsman's contact information and she/he has yours for the Command, they need to be provided with it as they are the go between the CO and the families. Then there is the Command's FRG which could have events organized. Check into Mommy & Me for the area, find out if there is a ASYMCA through the base. Look into Preschool for the 4 year old and talk to other moms. If you live in housing see if they have programs available. Look at the base gym and see if there is programs there.

Online there is various forums some specific to the branch, the area you are in or just being a military wife or a mom. Check with FFSC to see if they have information as well.

My cousin is stationed there with her husand & kids! If your kids go to daycare, try to get out & go to the local gym. You can meet tons of stay at home moms & wives.

Try this site.

http://www.military.com/base-guide/naval...ry-spouses

Good luck: