This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do I do when my parents and sister label me?
11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
What do I do when my parents and sister label me?
I accidentally added someone on Facebook.

My sister tells my dad an mom, she then gets really annoyed and tells me to remove them.

My parents both support her.

She says Attention seeking, then calls me Weird and my dad backs her up. What gives them the right to say that, then pretend to be nice to me.

I don't have them on Facebook. This is how they woke me up.

I need some advice. Please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:14 PM

If your 18 then tell them to shut the fuck up lol if under 18 keep your info private block them if they have Facebook .. or. Simply do wtf you want

Ads

Hi people who need to use facebook are generally those who are attention seekers that is why.
they feel the need to open up to the world as they feel as they are not part of a family. so your parents think you have issues with being part of your family.
hence the need to make you feel loved.

You have two choices here.
1. Be selfish and self-centered and moan about being labeled.
Or
2.Try to be a part of the family discussion; use your brain to determine what they are trying to do..Most likely, they are attempting to get you to conform to a pattern of behavior.
Often when our parents AND older siblings attempt to correct us we rebel and get nowhere.
By trying to understand them we can either conform to what they are saying; or find a way to make them think we are conforming and then do as we please.
If I choose to conform, life around parents and older siblings will improve immensly.
If I choose to fool them; it will only last a while and then my life will get worse.
My suggestion is conform when around the parents and older siblings and then when out on your own; be yourself. My experience is that life as a chameleon gets better with age.