This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is the difference between "#" and "@" on twitter?
11-09-2012, 10:06 PM
what is the difference between "#" and "@" on twitter?
trying to figure out twitter. any suggestions? also is "_" only used between names? thank you. jim

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:14 PM

hashtag is for trends, @ is to send tweets to individuals although anyone following you will see what you've written too, unless you send a direct message

Ads

is a hashtag, used to categorise posts.
@ is "at", used to direct posts about/at sometime.

is just to add additional information or a note to others.
Example: "OMG im soooo bored D: #someonepleasedateme
@ is to say where the person is at the current time
Example: "Just went swimming with the friendsies Big Grin @therandompublicpoolclosetomyhouse
_ is used to indicate a space.

The # (Hashtag) refers to a certain topic that has to do with your tweet ! Example

My dog is so funny #petlover

Get me? The @ means a person /company ...basically like friends or people your having a. Conversation with on twitter ..so If your friend Johnny boy asked you to follow him he would write down "follow me @johnnyboy " . If you make a tweet to Johnny boy without he @ then he won't see it and it will basically equal nothing in the twitter world haha. Now twitter recently updated so now if you automatically type @,a list of names will automatically pop up (your list of friends or followers or maybe even people you follow ..the more you use a persons name,then it will be the first one to pop up ). It's pretty simpple to work a twitter and can get addicting but it is really cool to hve a closer connection with celeberoties /athletes/muscians !