This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What will the police do about this?
11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
What will the police do about this?
I've been getting harrassed by a few girls at school. Ive told them to stop for months, and they dont. Last night, they wrote a ton of mean stuff about me all over facebook for everyone to see, and threatened for me to watch my back because they were all gonna find me and "bash my face in." I printed out everything they said and my mom was going to take it to the police station later to show the threats. What will the police do about this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:15 PM

you can do them for harrasment, nothing much else. oh and how old are they, because if they are too young, not much can be done :/

Ads

They will probably show up at school and the girls will get called in the office. Good for you and your mother to do something about the bulling. This stuff needs to stop.

I'm not sure but they will probably talk to teachers and the girls parents and maybe ban them from facebook and stuff don't know for sure!

I think you should take this all to court to sue them because the only thing you can do at the police station is to lay a case.

Well, Bullying in school is a hot topic right now. Good for you that you printed out everything! First, yes there is harassment, not only that you can file charges for "terroristic threat"(Take all printouts to police!). The answer to what the police will do is entirely how much you and your mother press the issue. Do not let them just sweep this under the rug. Be very clear that you want them to take action on this matter because you feel that you are in danger. They (the mean girls)could also be sued in civil court for damages if they are posting things on Facebook in order to harm your reputation, this is considered "liable/slander" and you can be awarded monetary damages. First start with the police..you have been harassed and threatened.These girls will be charged and arrested, and ordered to stay away from you. Your safety needs to be first and foremost IS the most important. Bullying is a crime and now every type of official organization is out to enforce the laws. Never take a threat lightly, take it to the police, for your own safety. At least it will be documented. Hopefully this helps you.

Facebook works pretty well with LE agencies. I am aware of several similar cases where I work, and using established contacts with Facebook security we got the sites shut down. You also need to report this to your school.

police will investigate, also notify your school and show them the posts, if school refuses to take action, hire an attorney and sue

Take it to school to the principal or his designee.