This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I approach the brother I've never met?
11-09-2012, 10:08 PM
How should I approach the brother I've never met?
I have never met my biological brother, even though he probably knows that I exist, but doesn't have my contact information. He is a 30 year old theatre actor while I'm 27. I finally found what I'm pretty sure is his Facebook profile listing, so I'm very tempted to send him a message. I'm not usually at loss for words when I write, but this is a bit of an exception. I'm worried about the kind of response that I'll get from him--it would be a huge let down for me if he doesn't reply, or if his response is negative.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM

Naw Im sure you'll be fine. If you get a negative message back, I think he did you a favor by telling you hes a douchebag. But you'll be fine..

Ads

Would it be out of order to send this question to him? While your at it you could include a little more information on yourself and the specifics of your birth and his. That should give you a big clue as to his response.

oh gosh its the same with me and my bros, they dont even talk to me Sad
if he doesnt reply, or if his response is negative why bother wasting your time caring about someone who doesnt care about you love!
you're better off without him Smile hes missin out on a great guy i bet

Considering your 27 and hes 30 its going to be weird. First why would he want to talk to you? You got to figure out how to make him even want to know you. I wouldn't think you can assume he wiil want to know you. After all it's been 30 years and so far nothing. Maybe google some books that deal with getting rejected so you can be expecting wha twill happen?

well i say go for it. you either get a good relationship out of the deal or you dont. at least you could say you tried, and you got by for 27 years without him.

youll be fine

Maybe say you'd like to meet him, but do it in a public place like a grocery store parking lot or a busy pier. Also bring a weapon like a knife or a concelable tazer in case it is not really your brother and things get 'weird.'

Also, ask your mom maybe she knows what's up.

this happened to me before.
i have a half brother who is about 16.. the same as my full-blood biological brother. my "father" cheated on my mom when she was carrying my real brother. i want to talk to him but i do not know where to find him, nor do i know his name. he doesn't even know that i exist. but if i were to ever talk to him, i would say.
"hello, my name is .. and i think you're my half-brother. i'm not sure how your life is, and i know you might not want anything to do with me, but it would mean a lot to to me if we could get to know each other. i have a lot of questions and i know this is random but i've known about you for awhile and i'm pretty sure that have the answers to your questions. it would be a big let down if you do not reply, but i understand. because this is kind of a shocker.
thank you, and i'm sorry you had to find out about me this way."
something like that

my husband met his brother via myspace. it was a very neat thing. his brother sent him a message and asked him if he knew their father and that if so, he was his brother. my husband was and still is so happy to have finally met his family. he found out he also has another brother and 2 sisters that he never knew of because my husbands mother took him away when he was a baby. unfortunately my husbands father passed in the early 90's, and it was devastating to my husband who always wanted to meet his dad, but just because of that one message, we met his family that we never knew about! and best of all, we are going up north pretty soon to meet them!! i'm sure your brother will be just as excited! so, i say go for it!! you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!