This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people want to tell everyone what they're doing?
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Why do people want to tell everyone what they're doing?
On twitter, why everyone wants to tell the whole world what they're doing? I mean seriously, whatever they're doing, what can others do with it? They can use twitter for tweetting quotes instead of this boring activity

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Because they Want to

Ads

Cause its what everyone does now.

cuz they dont have any friends or a social life
if i want to know what someone did, i do as everyone else i ask. if i want to know something i ask simple as that
telling everyone everything is just to get more attention cuz they feel bad about them self.

so that people do not form any wrong opinion bout them!

Because they are seriously bored

because thats whats "cool, hype, in" or whatever in the modern world. I think its bullshit and used to it was all about privacy (for some of us still is) now they share everything but its stupid.

Q: "Why do people want to tell everyone what they're doing?"

A: First lesson in Sociology "Man is a herd animal, distinct prolonged separation from the group is frustrating to him"

Man tends to naturally want to form small groups that the people in the group have similar attributes, likes and dislikes. In order to remain relevant in the group means to be always supplying it with information about oneself and their actions. Man benefits from the extra information and experience from others in the group.

In real life, large groups are difficult to socialize in as there are too many people. People try to tell others about what others are doing ("gossiping") but the information often gets distorted as people make mistakes quoting others (he said/she said problems)

However with social sites like Twitter, one gets to fulfill their need to tell others what they are doing, receiving feedback, with the ability to filter out the bad responses from the good. People can choose to "Follow" certain folks and watch their quality of information to make better decisions or just enjoy their rapport.

Of course one has to take precautions with the information they supply on social sites, where they are, where they are going and so forth for personal safety.

Q: "They can use twitter for tweetting quotes instead of this boring activity"

A: There are plenty of sites that have thousands of worthwhile quotes. However those famous quotes didn't just suddenly appear, they came as a result of a lot of rather low level human interaction and communication. Like the cream that rises to the top of fresh squeezed milk.

Some can't appreciate the cream, others already eaten the cream but also want the milk too.